Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwarner

5 Year Member
Hello!! My name is Dayla and I have a 4yr old Sulcata named Tori. I am not sure on the sex but I call her a she. I have had her for a year and since I got her she has gained about 10lbs. We live in Arkansas.

I am looking for suggestions on an outdoor enclosure and a good substrate for her winter indoor one. I have several other questions but thinking I might get answered by exploring the site.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
dlwarner said:
Hello!! My name is Dayla and I have a 4yr old Sulcata named Tori. I am not sure on the sex but I call her a she. I have had her for a year and since I got her she has gained about 10lbs. We live in Arkansas.

I am looking for suggestions on an outdoor enclosure and a good substrate for her winter indoor one. I have several other questions but thinking I might get answered by exploring the site.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello Dayla. I'm in AR right now! Stuttgart. We were working near Dewitt yesterday. Cypress mulch from the hardware store should work just fine for an indoor enclosure. As long as its dry you can also use grass hay for horses. I like the bermuda grass hay, but timothy or orchard grass should work fine too. If you post pics of the underside of your tortoise we can try to sex "her" for you. Try to show the anal scutes and tail. I use tinypic.com to post pics. Its free, no hassles, and easy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dayla:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.