wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very pretty Box turtle, not sure which kind. However, if you found it in the wild you need to put it back! Wild stays in the wild!
@Markw84 might be able to ID it

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello, and welcome!
Google Maps isn't sure where Taylors is...what state or country are you in?

Knowing your climate helps us with identification, as well as any advice you may need.

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Welcome!

If you grow strawberries/tomatoes/squash and don't want to share, be sure your garden is fenced off. He/she is likely to stick around the area, so have a good look around before using machinery like mowers, especially if you allow the grass to get high.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is what I found on the 'net:

. The following list of species native to Georgia may not be held as a pet regardless of its origin or morphology: Bog Turtle, Box Turtle
(EASTERN, Florida, Gulf Coast, Three-toed), Diamondback Terrapin, Gopher Tortoise, Map Turtle (Alabama, Barbour’s, Northern), Any Sea
Turtle or Spotted Turtle

So, if you picked up this eastern box turtle from the wild, put it back where you found it. It is illegal for you to have

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Regardless of the laws & other BS, you need to get that guy some WATER! Box turtles, (what you have) are not Tortoises, they don't do well in hot/dry.....they need humid/wet/80F so hook him up and that will be a start......then we can get him eating for you if he isn't.

Good luck my new friend!

jeff

boxiemomma

SC
Def a boxie and my guess is this may be Taylor's SC, and from the red clay and looks of things this pretty beauty is just emerging from hibernation. if she/he is not your pet, put them back where you found them and let them move on with life, they are magnificent creatures who should just be left to their own devices :)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
If you take 1 box turtle from the wild, you also delete whatever offspring he may have had, so conceivably you are removing 50+ wild turtles. Bad...the OP hasn't come back , so I guess we scared them off...:(