Miss Muffit

Location (City and/or State)
Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa
Hi. Thank you for adding me on the forum. My name is Mariana and last week someone brought a lost tortoise to my house. I have alwas loved tortoises as pets but end up taking them to the sanctuary because I feel sorry for them. I would like to find out what type of tortoise it is. I live in Cape Town Sout Africa.
Mariana

IMG_20200209_162952.jpg

Miss Muffit

Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa
Hi all, some more pics of my new baby. I have no idea what kind of tortoise it is and what food it needs. The color is bright yellow/greenish when it is wet.
CAPE Town, South Africa

IMG_20200209_142735.jpgIMG_20200209_162925.jpgIMG_20200209_162929.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
On face book there is a group called 'cape tortoise group' I'd advise against being to public about having this tortoise, some folks on the group find themselves as law enforcement, they are not. The care help there is good and in local lingo, just be curious, not revealing.

Bébert81

Toulouse, France
On face book there is a group called 'cape tortoise group' I'd advise against being to public about having this tortoise, some folks on the group find themselves as law enforcement, they are not. The care help there is good and in local lingo, just be curious, not revealing.
I am on this group too.
Homopus are very endangered species with a maintain quite difficult even for experienced breeders.