Kimberlie

Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, USA
Hey everyone, My name is Kimberlie and I live in NW Iowa. We purchased this little guy on Black Friday for my 6 year old son who LOVES turtles and tortoises! He named him "Rush Rush Chrystal" (6yr olds!) We call him "Rush"
We are new to the Russian Tortoise club, but had an Eastern Box Turtle years ago. Unfortunately, she escaped from her enclosure and is now living free somewhere in Southern California!

Anyway, we are all really excited to have Rush and are already learning so much from your site! Here is a picture of Rush eating this morning! Thanks for being here for us Newbies! My son is excited to think about Rush being a part of his family when he grows up and has kids of his own!

Kimberlie001 - Copy.JPG

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kimberlie
You better put some cash in the back yard for your box turtle I understand the cost of living in Calf. Is a lot your box turtle will need money :)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1449172548.842473.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Kimberlie!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Welcome...if you had problems holding on to a box turtle have fun with a Russian! :/ They're the escape artists of the tortoise world... I've been forcing myself NOT to get the one down at the petstore...they're so darn CUTE!

Kimberlie

Iowa, USA
Welcome...if you had problems holding on to a box turtle have fun with a Russian! :/ They're the escape artists of the tortoise world... I've been forcing myself NOT to get the one down at the petstore...they're so darn CUTE!

I think we learned our lesson! That was close to 20 years ago. We have a nice, deep, wooden box now, but he will be kept inside unless supervised! We are thinking about moving to Arizona so we might get to build a nice big enclosure with a fence and top. We'll see!

Sandy Martinez

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Escape artists and Fast! :0 One minute there...the next gone! But yes, so darn cute ;) Russians are awesome :)

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Someone here on the forum posted a picture of their tortoise in ththe yard with a helium filled balloon on a string attached to It!

Paranub

Lovely looking tort,
Patented tortoise tracking system
giphy.gif