Status
Not open for further replies.

calypso

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi everyone!

I just recently adopted a greek tortoise. He was ill with pneumonia and needed special "TLC", so I was asked to take him in and give him the love he needs. At least, I think it is a "he". Oh well, his name is Filbert and I'm sure I'll be on here a lot asking all sorts of questions.

bluejen1313

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome. Hope you're enjoying your tort! Jennifer

calypso said:
Hi everyone!

I just recently adopted a greek tortoise. He was ill with pneumonia and needed special "TLC", so I was asked to take him in and give him the love he needs. At least, I think it is a "he". Oh well, his name is Filbert and I'm sure I'll be on here a lot asking all sorts of questions.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Calypso (Is that what we should call you?)!! I think you will find what you need here.

Yvonne

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome!! I agree I would love to see pictures of your new friend. I also agree about the husband part in your signature!

calypso

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Florida
TLC= tender loving care:)

Thanks for the welcomes! I forgot to mention that I live iin Florida and my name is Tracy. I having been browsing through the forums and there really is a wealth of information. As soon as I can find my camera (grrrrr to my 12 year old), I will post some pics of Filbert.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Welcome Tracy! cant wait to see those pics! thanks for taking in sick tort, that is really a hard and selfless thing to do. i commend you!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum Tracy. I am a Greek owner that has gone threw the Pnemonia ordeal. Congratulations on your new family memeber Filbert. Do you have an idea of his age? And how is he doing (sorry I've been on vacation and just got back).

calypso

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Florida
Ok, I found my camera.

filbert0ct2008006.jpg

I'm not sure how old he is. He is 5 inches long and weighs 394 grams. He has been on a 10 day regimen of injectable Baytril for his pneumonia. I have to give him his last shot today, then I will bring him back to the vet to see if his lung has improved. He has been moving around alot more in the last couple of days, and never lost his appetite. But, he still has a tiny bit of mucous bubble every once in awhile from his nostrils. :(

Here is a better picture showing his colors. (My other "Tortie" just had to jump in the shot)

filbert0ct2008018-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Very nice. Here's hoping (fingers crossed!!!) that he gets a clean bill of health at the vet's.

Yvonne

(I have two tortie cats, Molly, a manx with no tail and Katie Kitty, the old lady at 18, of the group.)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Like both your torties! Great to hear Filbert is improving!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.