newbie here

canterbury24

Location (City and/or State)
norwich united kingdom
hi iam a new tortoise owner of a 1 year old horsfield, I have tortoise table and all accessories that are needed, but I have a question....how do I keep my humidity stable in the table? i seem to be constantly spraying the substrate to get the right level.... do I need to dampen it before it goes in? any advice would be appreciated. thank you

L

LasTortugasNinja

hi iam a new tortoise owner of a 1 year old horsfield, I have tortoise table and all accessories that are needed, but I have a question....how do I keep my humidity stable in the table? i seem to be constantly spraying the substrate to get the right level.... do I need to dampen it before it goes in? any advice would be appreciated. thank you
What is your home's humidity at? If you bring it up to 30% (usually during winter the humidity drops to 15 to 20%), and use a substrate such as a mix of peat moss, organic top soil, and bark mix, usually you can bring up the humidity with frequent mistings or a large water bowl. A humidifier is a must for almost any room with reptiles.

canterbury24

norwich united kingdom
What is your home's humidity at? If you bring it up to 30% (usually during winter the humidity drops to 15 to 20%), and use a substrate such as a mix of peat moss, organic top soil, and bark mix, usually you can bring up the humidity with frequent mistings or a large water bowl. A humidifier is a must for almost any room with reptiles.

canterbury24

norwich united kingdom
thanks for your reply, obviously it is not as warm here in the uk as it maybe anywhere else, but the house is always pretty warm all the time ido mist quite often and keep an eye on the humidity, maybe I should put a larger water bowl in as you said and see how that goes .....thanks again