newbie here from philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manila Philippines
Hi to everyone im benj im a proud owner of two RES and 2 malayan box turtle. i joined this site because im planning to buy or adopt my first tortoise.i love turtles and tortoise! but i have a big problem i dont know where i can buy or adopt my first tort because here in the philippines tortoise are rare in petshop.PLEASE HELP ME.thanks in advance!.Good day!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Blurp! That's an interesting ID. :D I can't help you with your question, but hopefully somebody will be able to. I also have two Malayan box turtles and really love them. :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Benj:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!

blurp

5 Year Member
Manila Philippines
Jacqui said:
Welcome Blurp! That's an interesting ID. :D I can't help you with your question, but hopefully somebody will be able to. I also have two Malayan box turtles and really love them. :tort:

i love my malayan box too! Can you please give me tips in caring for my malayan box because i just got them two weeks ago.:)

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Hi welcome to the forum!!!

I've already sent you a message about where to buy them :) It is very rare because they are not allowed. Do you know that even RES are now prohibited? I know some breeders around my area which is probably better because they are captive bred, not wild caught.

Post pictures of your turtles! I also have RES, they are about 6" and they chase sword tails all day long and never catches them LOL

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Welcome fellow asian member. :D
No idea where you can get tortoise though, but maybe there are some breeders in the phillippines.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.