Newbie from SoCal

Yaouch

Hello tortoise lovers,!! I am new to tortoise hobby, been keeping a pair of Leopard for the pass 2 years. I am looking to upgrade to star tortoise, maybe Sir Lanka but Burmese will be my goal.... but just cant afford a trio of burmese at this point in life. If anyone have any pointer by all means, pls do tell.....

I love keeping pets, so far I have 3 dogs, 2 300gal fish tanks, 2 leopard tortoise and looking to expand my tortoise collection. I recently fell in love with star tortoise and looking for more info before I pull the trigger. I hope I cam to the right place.

G_Vincey

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hello and welcome to the forum..

I don't know much about Indian star torts but I'm sure a lot of others do..

Do you have any pictures of your torts? Or any of your other pets?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Welcome. Well stars are very similar, almost identical care of a leopard tortoise. Burmese are tad different. But can still handle same husbandry. There is a huge price difference for sure though. Finding true Sri Lankans is a bit tough. Lots of people post "Sri Lankans" thinking they look different. They are the same species, just different locale. So I very reputable breeder will have to be sought for Sri Lankans, true ones.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. I know many member here are having star tortoises. You are sure come to the right place. Welcome.

Yaouch

Thanks for all the reply guys. Any tips on how can I tell between a true Sir Lanka And a fake? And are those Fake Sir Lankas out there just reg Indian star??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Nice collection and good luck with your dream ( the star ) !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Reach for the star(s), sorry bad joke.