New Yellowfoot Tortoise with some questions & a name suggestion

Parais11

Location (City and/or State)
Plainview ny
CB621464-9EDC-4843-A76E-3D963F74D1B8.jpeg E2697D38-945D-47DD-823D-06AD77A2BA31.jpeg 81B7959B-10F5-463A-A9F7-44C2CFFA507B.jpeg 3C0ED711-05E6-4ECE-AF65-F2ABA8FDAB1C.jpeg A2916225-061A-457C-BD85-E8B14CCCB1C8.jpeg D534940A-0764-4688-8575-38DCBDDCA5F1.jpeg Happy Friday Everyone!

I’m so excited I just picked up this beautiful yellowfoot rescue. I had a few questions that some of you may be able to give me some educated guesses. I have been told he is a couple of years old, CB, and a definite male. He is approximately 8 inches. Very outgoing. I will post a few pictures and maybe someone can give me their opinions. How old is he? Sex? Does he look CB? Any other noticeable issues? I know a lot of people on here know much more than I do. On another note, I’d like help naming him (if it is a him). Any good names based on his looks pop out at anyone. Thanks all for the help. As always, this is the BEST site. All the best and o hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I think you got some bad info. That's a Redfoot, not a yellowfoot. Also, no concavity to the shell, I think it could be female. Does look CB though.

Parais11

Plainview ny
I think you got some bad info. That's a Redfoot, not a yellowfoot. Also, no concavity to the shell, I think it could be female. Does look CB though.
Could this be some sort of hybrid. I was told it was 100% a yellow. And the large tail was a giveaway for the sex. (This is what I was told). Thanks again for the response.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Could this be some sort of hybrid. I was told it was 100% a yellow. And the large tail was a giveaway for the sex. (This is what I was told). Thanks again for the response.
Yellowfoots have 2 scales that run all the way to the tip of the nose like thisprefrontalcompare4.jpgand like the one in your profile pic. The one pictured in this thread doesn't, a pretty good indicator it's a Redfoot. As for the sex, the shape of the scute near the tail, and no concavity say female, but the tail is pretty long so it's kind of hard to tell. I cant be sure. Wait for some other more experienced keepers opinions.

Parais11

Plainview ny
Anybody able to guess his/her age? I wasn’t going to keep him, but for some reason I have fallen for the little guy. He or she has an awesome personality.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I agree, my guy is about the same size and going on 4yrs

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
YES .. a redfoot - Colombian female - captive hatched.. at least 5 or more years old.

Been raised entirely too dry!!! Keep ambient humidity as high as you can - DO NOT attempt that by keeping substrate WET!!!
Mist her til she drips every time you feed her. See this forum Caresheet @Parais11

sportytorty

Northeast
definitely not a yellowfoot but a great looking tortoise none the less. I have had 3 yellows for the last 30 years.

willee638

HK
View attachment 278149 View attachment 278150 View attachment 278151 View attachment 278152 View attachment 278153 View attachment 278154 Happy Friday Everyone!

I’m so excited I just picked up this beautiful yellowfoot rescue. I had a few questions that some of you may be able to give me some educated guesses. I have been told he is a couple of years old, CB, and a definite male. He is approximately 8 inches. Very outgoing. I will post a few pictures and maybe someone can give me their opinions. How old is he? Sex? Does he look CB? Any other noticeable issues? I know a lot of people on here know much more than I do. On another note, I’d like help naming him (if it is a him). Any good names based on his looks pop out at anyone. Thanks all for the help. As always, this is the BEST site. All the best and o hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.
Yellow foots & red foots look so much alike as babies except from the nose plate, neck & the tail end to identify them, I thought my red foot was a yellow foot because when I first bought my her I didn't know cherry heads & red foots weren't the same.