New User

hatzego

Location (City and/or State)
North Texas
D1F5F88E-5253-46C0-8604-8256E36E48FB.jpeg Hi! My name is Preston, and I live in North Texas. I am currently attending university with a major in Animal Science with a Pre-Veterinary Emphasis. My long term goal is to specialize in exotics, but reptiles are absolutely my favorite. I’ve always been fascinated by them, but was never allowed to own them. I recently acquired my first tortoise (first reptile in general), a 6m/o Indian Star Tortoise. Because I live in a semi-rural area and have plenty of coyotes and birds of prey around my house, she will be staying indoors year round for her own safety. So far she has been incredible, eats perfectly and is active whenever she’s awake. Thanks for allowing me to join this group, I look forward to learning a great deal from everyone!

Bee62

Germany
Hello and welcome to the forum and our big tort family.

Greetings from Germany
Saarpfalz-Touristik3-028-720x480.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Preston, and welcome to the Forum from Central California!

anita keyes

View attachment 225104 Hi! My name is Preston, and I live in North Texas. I am currently attending university with a major in Animal Science with a Pre-Veterinary Emphasis. My long term goal is to specialize in exotics, but reptiles are absolutely my favorite. I’ve always been fascinated by them, but was never allowed to own them. I recently acquired my first tortoise (first reptile in general), a 6m/o Indian Star Tortoise. Because I live in a semi-rural area and have plenty of coyotes and birds of prey around my house, she will be staying indoors year round for her own safety. So far she has been incredible, eats perfectly and is active whenever she’s awake. Thanks for allowing me to join this group, I look forward to learning a great deal from everyone!
Welcome! This group is great. Luckily for my tort, they are a wealth of knowledge!

Jschmid33

Wisconsn
Welcome! Beautiful Indian star, I have wanted one or a radiated for a while now. I’m newer as well. Tons of knowledge here