NEW & UPDATED GREEK TORTOISE CARE GUIDE!

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
As promised, I have completed the newest and most up-to-date care guide for Greek tortoises (Testudo graeca ssp).
Special thanks to Yvonne for helping me properly post such a big article. The guide busts some common myths and misconceptions about tortoise keeping while going into detail about indoor and outdoor housing, predator protection, diet, breeding and understanding the subspecies. I hope it helps anyone who has questions about this amazing group of tortoises. The guide can now be viewed at the very top of this forum in the pinned posts or by following this link: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/greek-tortoise-care-guide.174622/#post-1729853

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's a very good read, Chris, and the pictures are excellent! Thank you for this welcome addition to our Forum!

Mo & Bolt

Uk
Well done , excellent help for us.
Where is the pictorial guide to there diet , I can find it ????

Bee62

Germany
Wow ! This is a really wonderful caresheet with beautiful pictures and so much information to read ! Thank you very much for that. I will read it attentivly.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I’m looking forward to reading this on my hour train journey from work. Even though I don’t keep greeks (at the moment) I really like to keep up to date with the current care for all species.