New tortoise won’t eat anything!

Erlabella

Location (City and/or State)
Faroe Islands
Hello all!
My little brother recently bought a small greek tortoise from someone who couldn’t have it anymore. It’s been 1 month and it won’t eat anything. We’re feeding it pellets, dried herbs (available in the pet store) and different types of greens. It’s a small tortoise around 7 cm, and around 2 years old. We don’t know the gender. It’s currently being kept in a homemade wooden enclosure with no lid and with the measurements: 90 cm x 50 cm x 15 cm. It also has a shallow waterbowl in it’s enclosure along with a food bowl. Temperatures range from 22° C as the ambient temp and 38° C on the basking spot (measured with temp gun) night time temperature’s around 21° C. As itms enclosure is very open with no lid, it’s very hard to measure the basking spot temperature, but I’m pretty sure it’s colder than the temp gun detects. The basking light also emits UV light. This is about as much information I can give you sadly. I have no idea what the issue is since we weren’t informed by the previous owner on how it was cared for. Any help would be appreciated, thank you:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA