New Tortoise owner

lne927

Location (City and/or State)
New York, NY
I've purchased a thermogun to more accurately check my temps.
Im switching to a tube style UVB
his heat lamp is a standard 150watt from the pet store, It gets his basking area to about 90 degrees
i'll also get some plexiglass to cover the top to trap some of the humidity and changing his hide from his fake log too a converted plastic bin of some sort that will trap humidity. I will also get a CHE to keep it warm.

Im going to dig out his substrate and change it a soil/coir mix, and put Sphagum Moss inside his hide

lne927

Location (City and/or State)
New York, NY
Update:

Changed out his substrate too soil/coir mix .

Hes come into his habitat a bit, he eats very regularly, poops very regularly, infact he tends to poop twice when I bath him.

He gets baths every day currently, 15 minutes minimum in warm water up to his chin.

He eats two bowls of food a day, I sprinkle some calcium 3 times a week.

I got basically all the tools suggested in this article http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

His basking spot is between 95-100 I think I need to raise my light a little so it doesnt sit directly ontop of the cage top
His warm side is in the 90's
his cool side is about 75
and his hide is about 80

the humidty in the tank is about 50 % according to the hygrometer I got today.
I am going to put some foil over the top to trap the humidty but I always regularly spray the tank at least twice a day.

He used to sleep in his fake log hide but I took it away in favor of a large plastic tuppaware that I cut a entrance in.
I figured the plastic would help keep humidity in better, but he rarely uses it, I think it may be because it isnt Dark.
I was thinking of spray painting it but I worry about the fumes in the heat of the tank, any suggestions here ?

his activity has increased, He is always awake in the morning usually basking, then he eats a large portion of mixed dark greens
he'll usually walk around a while then buries himself for a few hours. Then he'll wake up several hours later for a second feeding, and repeat the process before going back to sleep.