New tortoise not eating

Zampa

Location (City and/or State)
Sicily
Hello. I brought my new Herman tortoise home on Monday - he's a Herman, and nearly five years old.

I've got the lighting and heat all sorted, he has a large space with places to hide. He's active - rarely hides, explores a lot, and likes to lie under the lamp all sprawled out.

But he hasn't eaten anything at all since I brought him home.

I've been giving him a warm bath every morning, and although he enjoys it, it hasn't stimulated him to eat. I've found one tiny poop since I got him home - on the way home, he pooped a lot. He was previously eating pellets, and I've got the same ones which I offer after he turns down weeds and everything else, but he's just not interested.

When should I worry? How long can he go without eating? Can I assume he's OK because he's curious and relaxed?

Thanks for any help! :)

xMario

Germany
Hello. I brought my new Herman tortoise home on Monday - he's a Herman, and nearly five years old.

I've got the lighting and heat all sorted, he has a large space with places to hide. He's active - rarely hides, explores a lot, and likes to lie under the lamp all sprawled out.

But he hasn't eaten anything at all since I brought him home.

I've been giving him a warm bath every morning, and although he enjoys it, it hasn't stimulated him to eat. I've found one tiny poop since I got him home - on the way home, he pooped a lot. He was previously eating pellets, and I've got the same ones which I offer after he turns down weeds and everything else, but he's just not interested.

When should I worry? How long can he go without eating? Can I assume he's OK because he's curious and relaxed?

Thanks for any help! :)
Hello and welcome
Some tortoises need a long time to get comfortable in there new environment so it could just be that he needs a little more time for further tips pics of ur enclosure would be great [emoji16]

Zampa

Sicily
Thanks for the welcomes and reply :)

He's just eaten some pellets! I guess I can wean him off them by mixing them with more suitable foods, until the 'mix' becomes pure proper food?

Pure Tortoise Power

Hong Kong
Thanks for the welcomes and reply :)

He's just eaten some pellets! I guess I can wean him off them by mixing them with more suitable foods, until the 'mix' becomes pure proper food?
That would be a bright idea. Also, if allowed, try to bring it out for sunbathing, this can increase the appetite of your tort.

Zampa

Sicily
He can spend the days out in the sunshine very soon - a few more days and his outdoor enclosure will be ready