New Tortoise Food

RainsOn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE OK
Winter with a Russian indoors can give concern about regular eating and available diet.
I recently found a "food" in PetSmart, National Geographic brand called Tortoise Entrée in a foil packet.
Bought it. Took it home and read the ingredients. Seems to have quite a bit of fruit, fructose and preservatives.
Water, Apple fiber, soy flour, dried kale, dried spinach, dried tomato pomace, dried carrots, dried strawberry, sodium alginate, freeze dried banana, freeze dried blueberry, artificial flavor, citric acid (preservative), fructose, socium tripolyphosphate, wheat germ oil, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ascorbic acid, xanthian gum, dolor red #3 along with "added vitamins and minerals". Refrigerate after opening.
You would think that National Geographic could be trusted. So I would like some comments from you guys.
Digger took a couple bites and was not too interested. He is usually a better judge of his diet than I am. (Bless his little heart)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I wouldn't feed that more than once a month. I would guess once he gets used to it, he will love it. Sure doesn't sound healthy though.

RainsOn

5 Year Member
NE OK
I really don't feel good about it. Considering just tossing it. :mad:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My little redfoot will take your fingers off for a bite of this stuff. We keep it in the fridge and give her two or three pieces a couple of times a week as an incentive to socialize with us. IE: She only gets it if she is willing to climb into our hand or if we can touch her head without her pulling into her shell. It's probably not the best staple diet, but I like using it as a treat for my fruit eater.