New Tortie mom

SlowLife

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hello! I’m very excited to have adopted two 60F54166-0E45-4D6B-A34E-20AAD1B9A717.jpegCD4B10C9-FD5B-4D63-83BA-408859C2BBE9.jpegred foot tortoises, Nazboo and Banana. They are very cute and outgoing guys. I’ve had then for about a week but I have noticed their plastron is very wrinkly and it does not look like she’ll rot as it is dry. I’ve look at the threads here but they don’t really look like this. Can it be fungal or perhaps this will go away as they age? Any help would be great :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That looks ok to me, just very, very dirty. After you've allowed the tortoises to soak in a tub of warm water that they can't climb out of you can gently scrub off that old dried on dirt with a soft bristle brush.

SlowLife

Florida
That looks ok to me, just very, very dirty. After you've allowed the tortoises to soak in a tub of warm water that they can't climb out of you can gently scrub off that old dried on dirt with a soft bristle brush.
O thank you!! I was nervous for the little guys. It looked wrinkly to me. THANKS! :)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to You, Nazboo and Banana.
Great looking torts. You might keep a eye on them. If one bullies the other. It will start out subtle like following around, sitting on the food dish. Also blocking one in the hide if they share one. Even what looks like snuggling is on trying to dominate the other. One will thrive the other will get stressed.
That's usually the norm so keep a eye out for it.

SlowLife

Florida
Welcome to You, Nazboo and Banana.
Great looking torts. You might keep a eye on them. If one bullies the other. It will start out subtle like following around, sitting on the food dish. Also blocking one in the hide if they share one. Even what looks like snuggling is on trying to dominate the other. One will thrive the other will get stressed.
That's usually the norm so keep a eye out for it.
Thank you, I will definitely keep an eye on it :)