New Tortie Mom *with pics!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeely

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and my new little baby! I'm a stay-at-home mom with 2 sons, 2 dogs and a very forgiving husband (he tolerates my swooning over the adorable little filed mice that destructively make their way into our basement every winter) This weekend he finally caved under the pressure and got me a tortoise like I've been wanting.

I have done a bunch of research, but still have a ton of questions about how to care for my new little buddy the best way possible. That's where you guys come in. :p

He/she doesn't have a name yet, just picked him up from a reptile show yesterday. The lady that sold him to me said he was about 4 months old, but it was so noisy and crowded, I wasn't sure if she said he was a cherryhead or just a regular redfoot... My attention span may also have been impared by the crippling cuteness of his teeny little face XD

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
tort2.JPG
tort1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "Zeely":

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Ana Z.

5 Year Member
oh my goodness!!!!! what a precious baby! my heart has melted into a puddle!

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA
Thank you everyone for the welcome! Ana, I said the same thing when I saw him! And, Yvonne, my name is Ava and I live in central PA. :)

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of redfoots. Your baby is soooo cute!

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Did you get her at the hamburg show? I had wanted to go but didn't have time, I read that it was very crowded however.

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA
Thanks! He's such a joy to have, even though he spends all his time hiding right now. How long does it take for them to get used to a new environment? His tank is in a quiet room that I spend a lot of time in, but he will be moving to a bigger tank when I do some rearranging and use my super powers of persuasion on the hubs.
2n1ulw5.jpg

Ana Z.

5 Year Member
OMG...this baby is so incredibly cute.

super cute setup!!!!!!

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA
Yes, Jeff, I got him/her at the Hamburg show. Attending used to be an enjoyable experience, but ever since they cut the show down to a single day, (and started charging 8 bucks admission) it's almost intolerable. People still come from all over, though. Saw a few plates from as far away as Canada. Parking is a joke too. They had to hire a school bus shuttle from the high school down the road just to handle the parking issues. I went specifically to find a redfoot and because I don't handle crowds well, I jetted out as soon as I made my purchase.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Ava! I am glad you have such a nice hubby. Looks like a Redfoot, but not a Cherry to me, but take that with a grain of salt. :p:rolleyes:

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
welcome! nice little humid setup you got there.

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA
Thanks, pdrobber. I'm trying to provide a healthy, comfortable environment for my tortoise while combating what I fear may be the beginning stages of pyramiding. I may be overreacting, but from certain angles his shell looks bumpy and I'd rather err on the side of caution.
2hwe4x4.jpg

2pycfvt.jpg

Ana Z.

5 Year Member
AWWWWWWW little baby!!!!!!! i want to hold her/him so bad!!!!!!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Status
Not open for further replies.