New tortie mom, and new to this forum.

Marashina'smom

Location (City and/or State)
Spring Hill
Well not really too interesting of a story sad story but not super interesting. She's a sad Petco story my husband happens to work there as a manager he was out for a little bit due to the pandemic and came back to find this sickly tortoise that had gone to a vet when she became very sick soon after her arrival to the store. She went00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200622051839375_COVER.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200622052050407_COVER.jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200622051858172_COVER.jpg to the vet and was severely dehydrated underweight and suffering from upper respiratory and parasites. Due to the cost of her treatment Petco had declined it and opt for euthanasia instead. Well my husband heard euthanasia an immediately let me know what was going and that was that ,she was coming home. I work a veterinary hospital so one of my Drs was creating a treatment plan within minutes. We've had her about a week and she is doing so much better finally eating, and taking her medicine like a champ (not so much at first)at first she needed to be tubed. I've always wanted a tortoise of my own. I jump on any opportunity to give the wild ones we have some treats but now we finally have her and I'm trying to learn everything I can to get her happy and healthy

Liggysasha

Cape Coral
Aww. What a cute little face. Sad story. Looks like she has some pyramiding going on, so I guess the old owners kept her far too dry. So glad you were able to rescue her.

Marashina'smom

Spring Hill
Aww. What a cute little face. Sad story. Looks like she has some pyramiding going on, so I guess the old owners kept her far too dry. So glad you were able to rescue her.
She came from the breeder this way, so I'm not really sure how her previous care was we can only speculate. But by the looks an condition she was in I can assume it wasn't ideal.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
That a sad beginning of a story with a happy middle. We looking forward to hearing the rest of it as time goes on. Just in case you have other questions I've attached the care sheet.