New to Tortoise Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubletorts

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm new on here and still learning how to navigate the site. But I have two Sulcata tortoises named Tonka and Chevy. Tonka is 27 months and Chevy is 25 months. I got both of them when they were 2 months old.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 33

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. They look great.

Where are you?

doubletorts

5 Year Member
Thanks. I'm finding this site to be so helpful, being that I cant seem to find anyone around me to discuss my obsession with my torts. lol But definitely coming across many people with all sorts of opinions as to how to raise, feed, or house Sulcatas. But it's nice to see different intakes that away I can take a little from each person to better raise my two babies. :)

Tom said:
Hello and welcome. They look great.

Where are you?

Orlando, Fl. I'm not quite sure yet how to update my info. lol

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Welcome to TFO. If you have been looking for a Forum that has good membership participation, you have arrived at the right Forum. :cool:
There is always someone here to compare notes with. Always.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi doubletorts:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

To update your information, go to the top of any page and click on "user CP". All of your options are shown on the left side of the next page.

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Welcome fellow sulcata owner :). You indeed came to the right place. Anything you want or need to know about tortoise's is right here.

doubletorts

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi doubletorts:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

To update your information, go to the top of any page and click on "user CP". All of your options are shown on the left side of the next page.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and my name is Amber.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Amber! Very pretty shell patterns on your two. Is using your current substrate working well for you and your tortoises?

doubletorts

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Amber! Very pretty shell patterns on your two. Is using your current substrate working well for you and your tortoises?

In that picture they are in alfalfa pellets, but right now they are in dirt. The pellets worked and were cheap, but they of course tried to eat them. The only down side is that no matter how hard you tried to keep the pellets clean they would still smell from them peeing on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.