New to the world of tortoises!

Hgarrity

5 Year Member
Hey! My name is Holly. I'm from South Carolina! It sure is hot here today! I just purchased an adorable Hermann's hatchling. We have had him for two weeks. I am totally new to this world of tortoises. I also have 3 children, 3 hermit crabs, and two dogs! Our new little one seems to be doing great! I have been researching this forum for weeks to be prepared for his arrival. image.jpg image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Holly, and welcome to the Forum!

It might be a good idea to bank some substrate up the sides of the flower pot so he can't fall off. Makes it easier to climb.

Hgarrity

5 Year Member
Thanks Yvonne! That's a good idea! He was so funny that day! He was up in the plant with his head on the pot asleep! So cute! Anyway, I will put some substrate on the sides. I don't want him falling over on his back trying to climb up there!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Holly welcome to the TFO from AZ . We are in a cold front here it's only 103 today . Cute tort ! Have a great tort day!

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome.

Flipper

MO, USA
Hi Holly :D Your new Hermann tort is adorable :<3: I just got a baby last week and I too am a newbie :tort: They are just wonderful! Does your poop much? :oops:

Hgarrity

5 Year Member
Flipper, yes they are wonderful! My kids keep laughing at me, they say I worry about the tortoise more than them! He poops sometimes when I soak him in the morning. Not very often though. I haven't seen any in his enclosure. I read somewhere that a lot of times they eat it! Gross!!!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Salutations.
Nice looking tortoise.

mojo

Hastings, East Sussex
Hello Holly really cute little tortoise. I have 2 Hermann girls Pippa and Kyra aged 3 and 4, love them to bits, great tortoises.:<3::tort:

Reptilelove

Plymouth
Welcome to the forum! Your tort is beautiful! I have 2 hermanns also! Be sure to post loads of pics, also dogs dont get in we with torts(just a tip) :)