New to the forum

mike rowlett

hi everyone my name is mike and I'm new and unsure how all this really works but I'm looking for a sulcata tortoise if anyone can help it would b appreciated Thanks Mike in Tex

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Mike, and welcome to the Forum! You shouldn't have any trouble finding a sulcata in Texas. Are you anywhere near Melissa, Texas? There's a sancturay located there and he sometimes has sulcatas that need new homes. @tortadise

Last edited:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Mike welcome to the TFO from AZ. It's great to have a nother member that knows 1955 isn't a tire size ! Why not adopt a Scully . There are so many out there that need adopting !

mike rowlett

Thank you Yvonne Melissa is just north of Dallas and I will check that out thNks a million Mike Texas

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello Mike and a very warm welcome to tortoise forum.
Check out our care sheets for sulcatas under the African tortoise forum. The info may help you in preparing your new torts home.
Good luck in your search

mike rowlett

Hello Mike welcome to the TFO from AZ. It's great to have a nother member that knows 1955 isn't a tire size ! Why not adopt a Scully . There are so many out there that need adopting !
Hi Mike! Why a sulcata?
Hi Mike! Why a sulcata?
I just like them. I think they are cool and I think they are pretty smart and I have heard they will follow you like a dog once they get to know you , but I think they may all b like that

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome ! ! !

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I just like them. I think they are cool and I think they are pretty smart and I have heard they will follow you like a dog once they get to know you , but I think they may all b like that
Most torts will follow you around once they get to know you . And the reason I said most is my Marginals will chase you out of their enclosure . :)