New to me tortoise!

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
@SweetGreekTorts would be a better person to ask.
Definitely a Hermann's tortoise. They have the two black bands across their plastron. As for which subspecies, I'm not positive, but it's definitely not the Western. My guess would be Eastern, but I'll let an experienced Hermann's keeper chime in. I am more familiar with Testudo graeca.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is liking her soaks twice daily. She eats very well. Her eyes are still very sensitive. She is better when I pick her up for her bath. I am so thrilled I went and got her!! Thanks I can't wait to find out what species she is, I appreciate your help

LyndaAnna

Preston

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is in the wood box that they gave me when I got her. I am going to work on her new home soon. I don't want to change everything at once and stress her out. She bathes in a plastic bin. It's pink so she can't see through it. She loves her bath and is doing better each time I pick her up. I should have her parasite test results tomorrow. Today she is basking in the UVB. Yay. I will make her home according to full size. I hope she is a Hermann too

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is in the wood box that they gave me when I got her. I am going to work on her new home soon. I don't want to change everything at once and stress her out. She bathes in a plastic bin. It's pink so she can't see through it. She loves her bath and is doing better each time I pick her up. I should have her parasite test results tomorrow. Today she is basking in the UVB. Yay. I will make her home according to full size. I hope she is a Hermann too
Sounds like she’s adjusting really well! What other torts do you have?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have a 13 year old male Leopard, a 3 year old male western Hermann, and now her. What do you have?

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have a 13 year old male Leopard, a 3 year old male western Hermann, and now her. What do you have?
Oooohh! I love Westerns! I’m hoping to get one in the future. I’ve become really found of Leopards lately too, but don’t think we could house one in our yard.
I have a male Eastern and two baby RES.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
My Leopard is big but so great. I had him since he was a baby. I wanted a big tortoise but one that I knew I could manage. My Western is spunky and cute. I can't wait to get to know Miss. DeeDee Persimmons, my new girl, Eastern Hermann is the best guess so far.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is positive for pin worms. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. I read other posts on to treat or not. I will get the full report tomorrow and go from there. I am concerned because my other tortoises never had parasites. They will never be together but I am very concerned. Ick!!!

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
She is positive for pin worms. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow. I read other posts on to treat or not. I will get the full report tomorrow and go from there. I am concerned because my other tortoises never had parasites. They will never be together but I am very concerned. Ick!!!
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I had to deal with worms when I first got my Hermann’s in the fall. So gross ?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I learned alot at the vet! Miss Persimmons is a BOY! I saw it with the doctor when he flashed her. LOL I wish I could unsee it, Icky.. he is on oral meds because he had many worms. The vet thought he looked ok, thin, overgrown beak, pyrimidining, eyes and opaque parts of the shell. However all will wait awhile until He gets settled.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
I learned alot at the vet! Miss Persimmons is a BOY! I saw it with the doctor when he flashed her. LOL I wish I could unsee it, Icky.. he is on oral meds because he had many worms. The vet thought he looked ok, thin, overgrown beak, pyrimidining, eyes and opaque parts of the shell. However all will wait awhile until He gets settled.
A boy after all! Sorry about the many worms. I hope he gets cleared up completely soon. He’s going to get great care with You. Did the Vet know what type of Hermann’s?

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
It is still questionable because of the plastron markings, she still thought he is pretty LOL

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thank you so much! Yay