New to forum

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Buckeye, Arizona
Yay, I have been approved to adopt a Sonoran desert tortoise! In April, after brumation, I will go get it. I still have some questions. Anybody want to be my SDT expert mentor? ??

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Buckeye, Arizona
Well, they are not available till brumation period is over. That's what I've been waiting for. And getting my burrow ready. I'm ready! ?

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Buckeye, Arizona
I'm finding that out, in all my reading. I always refer people to this forum when I see people on different groups asking questions that don't necessarily get answered or not answered correctly. I really appreciate this forum and have learned so much, just spending time here. :tort::)

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Buckeye, Arizona
Yes! Thanks for asking. I couldn't go pick him out, like they usually do, because of Covid, but I had the choice of having AZ Game & Fish pick one out for me and I would drive by and pick him up, with no contact. So I have a 20- to 30-year-old male. Haven't settled on a name, other than Turtle-Boy, (The Wonder Tortoise). Ha! Kind of a family joke, but so far, nothing seems quite right. My husband has taken to calling him Little Sh*t, because of some of his antics and that he enjoys pooping and peeing massive amounts on the covered patio. The first pic is him taking a little snooze with his head resting on his front leg. Cute, right? Tell me what you all think of him.

Attachments

• Tort1.jpg
    Tort1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • Tort2.jpg
    Tort2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • Tort3.jpg
    Tort3.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 9

Cocorene'

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Buckeye, Arizona
Sorry, this pic is so blurry. It's a screenshot from a video that demonstrates one of the reasons why my husband calls him Little Sh*t. This was taken right before he fell backwards onto his back. He did not make an effort to right himself, so I turned him back upright, and my husband fixed the corners of the burrow so he couldn't get to it. I should name him Tenacious T.

Attachments

• Tort4.jpg
    Tort4.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 7

ZappCatt

SF Bay Area, California
AWESOME! Thanks for the update! I am glad you are still around to share those lovely pictures!

Unfortunately with forums(of all sorts) people come for answers...then never come back to update those of us who have invested emotional support!

Do you happen to have a link to an overview of the program you participated in? It seems pretty awesome, but I would imagine that sooner or later, they would have trouble finding new owners.

Thanks again for the update and the pictures!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
He is handsome. I like his burrow. Good luck on a name. Can't wait to hear it.

BackYardTortoise

Mesa Arizona
What a handsome tortoise! I hope to get an adult I'd similar age/size from the AZ wildlife program. I still can't get over the front of that burrow and how well done the entrance is, I will definitely take inspiration from it when building mine.