New To forum with a northern California found Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancee

5 Year Member
Hello - a Russian tortoise appeared in our northern California driveway last weekend (May 18, 2013). We brought it in, offered water, lettuce and then tried to find where she came from. No luck. I have contacted several tortoise rescue places and am hoping that we will be able to take her to one of them.

I sent a picture of her to the Tortoise Rescue in Fresno, which is how we learned she is indeed a Russian. (I know nothing about tortoises, or turtles, although am learning quickly!)

Since we have cats and are not prepared to take in a tortoise, I am hoping to find a good, safe place for her very soon.

I saw a mention of the Tortoise Rescue in Castro Valley California, and am going to inquire there.

She seems healthy, is very patient with our fumbling around, and is enjoying the daily walks we provide for her in our large back yard.

Any ideas or information are appreciated. Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Nancee, and welcome to the Forum!!

We have many members who live in NorCal and I'm sure one of them would be happy to take in your found Russian. I hope you are able to find him a good home.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Have you checked Craigs List under "pets?" Many people will post lost pets there. Good luck finding his owner or a new home. Who knows you could fall in love with him?

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello Nancee and Welcome to TFO !! :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Where are you at? I operate the Central Valley turtle and tortoise rescue league. Perhaps I can be of some assistance. [email protected]
Melissa

Nancee

5 Year Member
kanalomele said:
Where are you at? I operate the Central Valley turtle and tortoise rescue league. Perhaps I can be of some assistance. [email protected]
Melissa

I am in Benicia (near Vallejo). Appreciate any suggestions - since we have become a bit protective of our new friend, we want to be sure she goes to a good, tortoise-friendly home. - Nancy

Nancee

5 Year Member
kanalomele said:
Melissa

Hi Melissa! I am in Benicia, California (near Vallejo). I am going to post a notice under adoptions and see what comes up, althought i do not want to ship this tortoise anywhere - has to be reasonably nearby. We are willing to drive her to a new safe home. Thanks for your message, and let me know if youhave any ideas. - Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.