New to forum, getting an RT soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Lop

5 Year Member
Hello,

My name is Nick and I live in Minnesota. I have ordered a 3 month old RT and it is coming in 3 days, on Wednesday! I have a 6x3 tortoise table with about 3-7 inches depending on the spot of the table of about 70% coco coir and 30 % playsand. I have the right temps every where, and humidity in the air, but I have a few concerns about his/her humidity at night. During the day, my humidity is from 40-50 at the basking spot, to 60 at the cool side. I worry about the hides though, I have a normal half log hide on the cool side, and a half log hide on the warm side, both with about 70% humidity. When it turns night and my temps go to about 64, the cages humidity goes to 75 naturally, but the hides humidity can go up to 90ish sometimes, and is usually around 80 humidity. Is this fine for them as I suppose it becomes more humid at night everywhere, but 80-90 seems like a bit much. Should I try to somehow lower the humidity? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Nick!

You would probably get more answers to your questions if you were to post them on the Russian Tortoise part of the Forum.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
welcome!

sounds like you have a very good set up. humidity does tend to increase when temps go down, but yours sounds fine.
RT substrate can be dry on the surface, but should be moist (not sopping) underneath.

please post pics when your RT arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.