New Sulcata owner! Having problems with intro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

"Rocky"

Hello,

Let me start off by saying that I have been using this site for answers even before I joined, so thank you to everyone who's a part of this forum. Next, my name is Craig and my Sulcata Tortoise is "Rocky" he/she is only 18 months old and it's too young yet to establish sex but I'm hoping it's a boy. I'm from NorCal and new to tortoise husbandry so any info is great but we have already learned so much from this site! We have been through some times already....Rocky was bitten by our dog 11 months ago and as a new owner i thought I failed, but with the quick reaction by my wife and me we went to the vet and got him on antibiotics and cleaned the wound every day until it healed. He is perfect now and in my wife's defense, she didn't know Rocky was outside when she let our dog out to use the restroom. Thats my story and looking forward to talking to more owners with experience to ask questions if any problems arise. Last thing, I am big on reading so before i even bought a tortoise i knew what I was getting into and the proper diet....etc.

Thanks for listening,
Craig and Rocky

Attachments

• P6100146.JPG
    P6100146.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.