New Sulcata Mom

Manta503

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hi all,

Wanted to introduce myself and my baby sulcata - Karma.
76E2D33C-CAE6-4FF1-9E30-C597B8B5E0B6.jpeg
Karma is 6 months old. I am in the process of building a closed chamber 8ft x 25in enclosure. I can only do 25in width due to space.
Right now, Karma is in house in 20 gallon tank with Ecoearth loose reptile substrate with ceramic heat, a uvb bulb, and I recently added a reptifogger. I have covered the tank with foil to get humidity up, but I am still having a hard time keeping the humidity up when the reptifogger is off.
The heat stays about 85 throughout enclosure and higher temp in basking area.
Does anyone have ideas how to keep humidity up?
The new enclosure will be in garage and heat/ humidity is higher out there, the one Karma is in is in the house with AC going.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. All those questions, and much more are answered right here:

Manta503

Georgia
Hello and welcome. All those questions, and much more are answered right here:
Thank you Tom. I was hoping the "Famous Tom" would reply. For some reason I could not find your care sheet, but I am new to forums so I think that's why I'm still learning how to navigate. I see your name on posts and all have good things to say and that you are very knowledgeable on tortoise care.

Reactions: Ink

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you Tom. I was hoping the "Famous Tom" would reply. For some reason I could not find your care sheet, but I am new to forums so I think that's why I'm still learning how to navigate. I see your name on posts and all have good things to say and that you are very knowledgeable on tortoise care.
There are lots of people here on this forum that know how to care for tortoises well. I'm just a loud mouth about it. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome!

If you pour water over the substrate and mix it up with your hand until the substrate is all moist it works better at keeping up the humidity.