new slate hide and basking area

Karen(pebbles)

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol Uk
so today my husband made my naughty tort a new slate hide and basking ramp, hopefully now we won't have anymore "flipping" accidents :)

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi just an observation the water dish and food bowl should be replaced with flower pot bases some use terracotta but I use plastic. This had benefit that they can climb into the food (a great habit) and also climb into and soak in the water to drink. I have bee through the flipping over as they explore and climb but as they get bigger and heavier it dies stop and you can safely introduce an arch hide with substrate pulled up underneath. They do need fresh green leaves and weeds.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi just an observation the water dish and food bowl should be replaced with flower pot bases some use terracotta but I use plastic. This had benefit that they can climb into the food (a great habit) and also climb into and soak in the water to drink. I have bee through the flipping over as they explore and climb but as they get bigger and heavier it dies stop and you can safely introduce an arch hide with substrate pulled up underneath. They do need fresh green leaves and weeds.