New set up, heat and lighting question

MissFreshRR

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Cali
I have a 4 x 2 ft enclosure. I have a 30" flourescent uvb and a basking light. Hide on the cooler side with water bowl, a hide in the middle and rock on the basking side. Coolest temp is 80 and basking side is reaching about 104 to 106. I have a 100 watt che in the tank as well in the middle. I had both the Che and basking light on today and the coolest temp was 90 and basking side was around 120. I panicked and shut everything off to let it cool off. Right now Che is off and basking area is sitting at 104 to 106. I have a humidifier going non stop and that is keeping the humidity at about 86%. Sully is about 5 months old. How warm should the basking side be? I've read that they can withstand high temps but I'm assuming that is to a certain extent. He wasn't at all near the basking area when it was that warm, he was actually asleep in his hide when I got home from work. I'm planning on keeping CHE off and only turn it on for night use since it gets pretty chilly downstairs at night. I just wanna make sure the basking area isn't going to harm him at its current temp. Thanks in advance for ur help and input.20180226_204508.jpg