New Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Testing 1...2...3
We are officially moved over to the new server. Tortoise Forum should load faster and should not be giving anyone any errors. If you notice a bug or get sent to an error page please let me know in this thread so I can troubleshoot the issue.
I'm hoping this move greatly increases the usability of the site. It may even afford us enough resources for a chatroom.
Thanks for your support everyone! I can't wait to show you all the new logo and theme I've been working on also!
Big things are on the horizon!

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Ad server is still updating. Thats anything you see that says "openx". This is a test of "loading please wait" bug

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Josh:

I'm sorry to be one to complain, but...

I have posted one thread and one PM this a.m. and both times I received a "server not found" message from Firefox when I hit "send." I hit "send" a couple more times and received the not found message both times on each. Both times I then "copied" my post/PM and opened a new window and a new forum and posted my messages on the new window and they went through ok.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
No worries Yvonne. Sounds like a legitimate bug, not a complaint. Is anyone else having the issue Yvonne reported? Yvonne, is it still happening or were those the only two isolated cases? Also, do you remember if it was a database error or file not found error?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It happened those two instances, but about 3 times each instance...only. Then I went on to answer a few threads and it never happened again. And the message was a Firefox message telling me that the server couldn't be found.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Hopefully that was just your computer and service provider refreshing their DNS. If it happens again please note it here.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
Josh said:
Testing 1...2...3
We are officially moved over to the new server. Tortoise Forum should load faster and should not be giving anyone any errors. If you notice a bug or get sent to an error page please let me know in this thread so I can troubleshoot the issue.
I'm hoping this move greatly increases the usability of the site. It may even afford us enough resources for a chatroom.
Thanks for your support everyone! I can't wait to show you all the new logo and theme I've been working on also!
Big things are on the horizon!

Hey Josh the new server seems to be flawless on my end!! congrats!! how about that new logo? any word on the big logo reveal or did i miss it somewhere???

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Gosh, works great here, does seem to need re-log in more often, but is way faster and smooth.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Thanks for the positive feedback! I've been VERY impressed with the new server as well! Glad to hear everything is as it should be!
The new logo and theme are almost done! I actually just now made a post about it in the Off Topic forum. We've also got a big costest announcement coming up this week, so keep checking in!

Status
Not open for further replies.