kasva.118

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I recently got a Russian tort and he's very active, but I noticed his shell is peeling on very small parts and on the underside of the shell, he's got a white spot, almost like exposed bone? It was this way when I purchased him but I didn't think it was shell rot until I looked it up to make sure he was okay. I know I have a 14 day period to give him back, but I don't want to! He's so active and cute and I'm scared of what will happen to him if I do take him back.
Could I treat this at home with some chlorhexidine or iodine solution?IMG_3731.jpgIMG_3770.PNG
Thanks in advance!!

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I don’t think it is shell rot but I’m certainly no expert in this problem. Russians are not prone to this, I would wait for other members to chime in. If it is, you can treat it with cheap athlete’s foot cream from the pharmacy.

kasva.118

Texas
I don’t think it is shell rot but I’m certainly no expert in this problem. Russians are not prone to this, I would wait for other members to chime in. If it is, you can treat it with cheap athlete’s foot cream from the pharmacy.
Thank you so much!! I was looking at videos and some Russians look like this, maybe just their over activeness?. But I will wait and see, thanks again! :)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It's just old wear and tear. "She" would benefit from nice long daily soaks for the next few weeks.