New RT owner here!

Texas Scott

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
TX
Hey guys - first I just wanted to say thank to all the info compiled on this website. I've learned a lot quickly in my four days of tort ownership

I just wanted to share the enclosure I have created for my RT Athena, ive already made a post below. Please let me know if any improvements should be made.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/well-watcha-think.137385/

My biggest concern is the lighting. I currently only have a 125 watt MVB. Will the one MVB suffice? Id like to make sure she stays active. Her outdoor enclosure will be created next weekend so she can catch some sunlight a few hours a day.

Thanks all!
Scott

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think the one light for heat will work. It's also pretty dark. Add a regular bulb for added heat and more light. I would cover part of it to help keep some heat in and it should also have some humidity. Be sure to check out the care sheet

Texas Scott

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
TX
Thanks I'll definitely add another light source. Also it looks darker then normal because I finished it around 1AMo_O. I'm plan on making a cover today. Right now humidity is showing 55.

surfergirl

glad to see another new Russian tort owner learning from all the experience Tortoise forum has to offer!

Welcome and your tort is precious and your enclosure looks great!