New RF enclosure with stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Okay so I finally got it built! I just need to decorate, but wanted to let you see it so far. The enclosure is 4x8x2' tall. I have 4 light fixtures and one 4ft flourescent light. I also have a sprinkler system set up with 4 sprinklers for misting. These hoses are attached to a 2 gal hand pump dispenser so the enclosure can be misted without needing to be opened each time. There are sliding doors on the back that I have attached linolium to (did not have them in for pictures since I am working on the inside yet), and there will be plexi glass sliding doors in the front.

It is on a wheeled stand that is almost 4 ft tall with a shelf on the bottom which I plan to eventually build an open box for my greeks. Until then it will hold their current enclosures. My baby's enclosure is shown... just waiting for the baby :( ...... if it EVER stops SNOWING!

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m581/Jpatza/My new RF enclosure and stand/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
YOU? Little JESSICA made this??? What, are you a carpenter or something?

That's absolutely gorgeous. It sure puts all my carpentry work to shame.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jessica did you really make that yourself?? Wow! I can't wait to see it all finished. I am helpless when it comes to building things. I am so impressed.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks - I had a little help from my dad. He owns the table saw so I held and he cut. He also helped screw things together. I did everything else -plans, measuring, glueing, linolium, caulking, painting and wiring. I built my little ones enclosure by myself... lol. Too hard to hold the large pieces by myself. :D

terryo said:
Jessica did you really make that yourself?? Wow! I can't wait to see it all finished. I am helpless when it comes to building things. I am so impressed.

It is amaziing what you can learn from the internet... lol.

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
Jesica, you have skills, I wish I was your tortoise.

dabayliss

5 Year Member
Wow, very wow. Better not let my Redfoots see this or I suspect they will break out of my enclosure and head for yours!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I could barely nail together a couple pieces of wood for Nelson's little enclosure :p
Good job!! Looks great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.