New Redfoot Rojo - not sure what kind of redfoot?

Ketta

Location (City and/or State)
Venezuela
Wow! why is his caparace that way? never seen one rf like that! he looks like a cherry head but i'm not sure!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

TomRedfoot

United Kingdom
Scutes are similar to mine. I'm not 100 percent sure if mines a definite red foot or not but would love to know if anyone could tell me.

Attachments

• tortoise back.jpeg
    tortoise back.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • mytort.jpg
    mytort.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 19

Robber

10 Year Member!
MO, USA
It appears to me to be a possible Brazilian('cherryhead') intergrade with a northern type. It looks to have some coloration of Brazilian type but head pattern and , especially, a plastron more typical of a northern type.

DougK

Boynton Beach, FLORIDA
It appears to me to be a possible Brazilian('cherryhead') intergrade with a northern type. It looks to have some coloration of Brazilian type but head pattern and , especially, a plastron more typical of a northern type.
That’s plausible, and what I was thinking as well. Another thought I had was, could it be Brazilian, but since it has scute issues on its carapace, could the plastron and head patterns just be off too?

DougK

Boynton Beach, FLORIDA
I was also thinking, possible Venezuelan?

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Scutes are similar to mine. I'm not 100 percent sure if mines a definite red foot or not but would love to know if anyone could tell me.
It's a redfoot. Show his plastron and might be able to provide you with more information.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I agree it looks to me like your new tort has some Northern mixed with Brazilian genetics.
Yours is most definitely a Redfoot.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I recently adopted this awesome little yearling!

It’s 4 & 1/4”, multi-scutes, and has great colors.

Here are some pics to enjoy, and if you can help me identify what kind of RF I got, I would appreciate it.

View attachment 272455 View attachment 272456 View attachment 272457 View attachment 272458 View attachment 272459
I think this tortoise has mixed breeding of northern and Brazilian redfoot. The carapace and facial morph look northern. Leg scales are sparse like a Brazilian, head coloration is of Brazilian, plastron is kind of mixed, looks northern but with Brazilian marbling.
Nice tort.