New Redfoot owner here, so howdy folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
Name is John S, currently living in Colorado Springs, CO but I am originally from Baton Rouge LA.

While checking Craiglist today, an ad came up offering two Red Foots for Free and after talking with the owner I had to jump on this deal. Both were bought as Xmas gifts for her son, who was decidedly un-reptile friendly and wanted nothing to do with the poor little guys. She tried to return them, but couldn't so she was giving them away for free. I had to help out LOL. Bad for her, really good deal for me LOL

Never kept Tortoises before, but I am not exactly new to our shelled friends. I am a long time breeder and keeper of Turtles and got my start field herping for them about 25 years ago in the Atchafalaya River basin, mostly dealing with Alligator Snappers and I have the scars to prove it LOL. You may of seen me at Turtle Forums, Turtletimes, or Mosterfishkeepers if you frequent those sites. I also run a small rescue out of my Home in Colorado Springs, where I take in sick or unwanted turtles, nurse them back to health, and then rehome them to better prepared keepers.

Current Collection:

0.1.0 Common Musk Turtle( Sternotherus oderatus)/2009/ Bandit
0.1.0 Striped Mud Turtle( Kinosternon baurii)/2008/ Mudbug
0.0.2 Red Eared Sliders( Trachemys scripta elegans)/2010/Kenshi & Typhoon
1.0.0 Ouachita Map Turtle( Graptemys ouachitensis ouachitensis)2009?/Stimpy
1.0.0 Spiny Softshell Turtle( Apalone spinifera)2008/Snorkel
0.0.1 Alligator Snapping Turtle( Macrochelys temminckii)2010/Chompers
0.0.1 Belize Slider( Trachemys venusta venusta)2010/Santos
1.0.0 Florida Red Belly( Pseudemys nelsoni)2009/Hurricane
0.2.0 Redfoot Tortoise( Chelonoidis carbonaria)NA/Koopa and Lakitu

0.2.0 Domestic Cats( Felis catus)2010/Lily and the FUZZ
0.2.0 Domestic Dogs/Shiba Inu( Canis lupus familiaris)2010/Kira and Noriko

Pic of the new Guys chowing down on some Winter Squash earlier tonite, Glad to see they weren't shy at all LMAO.
162702_1760908823933_1275430697_31951748_6700374_n.jpg

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
welcome! awesome! you can bring some good turtle help when it's needed!

LindaF

5 Year Member
Welcome. Sweet deal on the red foots! You need to get them some type of dish or flat rock to eat off of so they won't ingest their substrate.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Welcome to the forum! I lived in the Basin before I moved to Arkansas. One of the greatest places on Earth.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi John:

Welcome to the forum!

How lucky was that, huh? Right place/right time sort of thing.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Welcome John ,...great X mas score ! ....Nice looking Rf's ~

JD~:)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum John :)

Make sure you read up in the Redfoot section of the forum and make that substrate damp. :)

Danny

K

kavins

The television series, broadcast by the BBC from 1969 to 1974, was conceived, written and performed by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin. Loosely structured as a sketch show but with an innovative stream-of-consciousness approach (aided by Gilliam's animation), it pushed the boundaries of what was acceptable in style and content. A self-contained comedy team responsible for both writing and performing their work, they changed the way performers entertained audiences. The Pythons' creative control allowed them to experiment with form and content, discarding rules of television comedy. Their influence on British comedy has been apparent for years, while in North America it has coloured the work of cult performers from the early editions of Saturday Night Live through to more recent absurdist trends in television comedy. "Pythonesque" has entered the English lexicon as a result.
Information ! Reports for Home Buyers and Sellers
:tort::)

Status
Not open for further replies.