My Redfoot Darwin

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Is Darwin showing any signs yet that he is in fact Darwin and not Darwina?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
This "new" thread is 2 years old now and along with excellent growth Darwin is a young adult now. Has he turned out a boy or a girl yet? At nearly 9" long it should be obvious.

I thought I'd have to wait longer before I could make a determination....

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
This "new" thread is 2 years old now and along with excellent growth Darwin is a young adult now. Has he turned out a boy or a girl yet? At nearly 9" long it should be obvious.

She appears female, but I'd been holding off on calling it because I thought it was standard practice to wait until they're five to make the determination about sex.

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
DarwinEating.jpg

A collage of pics of Darwin eating... I may never know what her favorite foods are because she eats everything.

Today she got dandelion greens and purple kale, a bit of Mazuri, some blackberries, a mound of butternut squash, some rehydrated crickets & silkworm pupae & mealworms, along with a side of wakame seaweed... I put down a handful of greens about the size of each tort's shell every morning first for all of my torts while I make the rest of their meals, and by the time I was putting down Darwin's plate today, she had finished every leaf and was looking up at me, ready for more.

Jamie