New red foot

Jessica W

Location (City and/or State)
West Allis, WI
Hello everyone, I have a yearling red foot tortoise named Sheldon. I have a 6ft x 2ft enclosure with soil and a little sand mixed as the substrate, I also have some "forest floor" around his soaking dish. He has a large corner soaking dish as well as two other drinking water dishes. I have two reptifogger going for 13 hours a day as well as a UVA basking lamp, a UVB light. There is also 2 ceramic heaters going 24/7. I have been feeding him greens such as turnip greens, kale, mustard greens, and collard greens. He also gets fruit occasionally such as mango, strawberries, blackberries, and melon. He has a cuttlebone in his enclosure. Is this the right things to provide, and also I am wondering why he seems to have teary eyes a lot? I know teary eyes can be a sign of dry conditions, but I don't know how I could make his enclosure any more humid, humidity is 75% because his enclosure is open on the top.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Teary eyes can be dehydration, eye irritation caused by substrate, overheating or harsh lighting.
What is the temperature and can you photograph your lights?
Those are my initial guesses

Jessica W

West Allis, WI
Teary eyes can be dehydration, eye irritation caused by substrate, overheating or harsh lighting.
What is the temperature and can you photograph your lights?
Those are my initial guesses
Temperatures are 88 to 90 in hot area and 80 in the cooler area

Attachments

• 20200715_091226.jpg
    20200715_091226.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200715_091232.jpg
    20200715_091232.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7