New red foot tortoise seems nervous+not eating?

milesm916

Location (City and/or State)
Anchorage
Torts don't like change at all and they will sulk. Try feeding some banana to get him going. Or something really stinky like tuna or sardines.
Exciting update: I got him some rehydrated fruit this morning after his soak and he's eating it!! I'm hoping this means he's finally comfortable enough to start eating regularly and we can try adding more nutrients to his diet little by little to round it out. In the meantime I'm just overjoyed that he's eating anything at all ??

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Exciting update: I got him some rehydrated fruit this morning after his soak and he's eating it!! I'm hoping this means he's finally comfortable enough to start eating regularly and we can try adding more nutrients to his diet little by little to round it out. In the meantime I'm just overjoyed that he's eating anything at all ??
You can build off that. If he likes the dried fruit try mixing that with a variety of other things for the next few days.

milesm916

Anchorage
You can build off that. If he likes the dried fruit try mixing that with a variety of other things for the next few days.
Will do! I'm so relieved that he's eating now, I was really worried because he was both not eating at all, and not moving at all for long periods and I was concerned they were connected. Since he ate though he's been zooming around his vivarium like crazy lol