New Red foot owner. Any help appreciated!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
It is damp but the humidity above the substrate goes down so quickly. I know we have to spray and add water throughout the day. I'm trying to figure out how to keep it up with out having to spay it 5 times a day. I'm currently not working but when I go back to work I want him to be ok while no one is home.
Something not right with your closed chamber then. It needs to be as airtight as possible. You must have some holes in the top where the moisture is escaping. With an airtight closed chamber you shouldn't have any problem with humidity and you shouldn't have to mist. Can you post pics? Maybe we could help you figure it out.

jjrene1991

Sacramento
Something not right with your closed chamber then. It needs to be as airtight as possible. You must have some holes in the top where the moisture is escaping. With an airtight closed chamber you shouldn't have any problem with humidity and you shouldn't have to mist.
We have a hole where the heat lamp is.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
We have a hole where the heat lamp is.
Any gaps or holes in the lid will let moisture escape, like a chimney effect. It be better to have your heat source inside the enclosure, with the lid on. Or if you cut a hole for your heat source you want to cut it to fit as snuggly as you can with as little gaps where moisture can escape as possible. You can line the outside of the hole with aluminum foil to protect it from burning and to further seal up any gaps around the hole you cut.