new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugby20

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am looking at getting a tortoise and want to ask the experts(thats you) what is the best tortoise to begin with i want a small tortoise that wont get very big. I know this is a long term thing and im super excited about starting so please answer me..also does anyone know a better place to get one than petco or petsmart i live in southen illinois but dont know of any breeders around me.. whats the easiest way to find a breeder.. please let me know of a good small starter tortoise ive had many turtles but never a tortoise

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Welcome to the forum! A great starter tort is a Russian. You can check on Craigslist, petfinder and on the classifieds here. They stay small and are easy to maintain. Good Luck!

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Let me say welcome and its awesome that you are looking for a breeder! Check the classifieds here and keep asking around. Captive born redfoots and russians are awesome for a first tortoise.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
The smallest readily available starter tortoise would be a russian.

Rosiee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i love my little herman, i am not an expert but i think that she is easy enuff to care of she isnt going to get that big and oddly affectionate, many other people that have hermans have said the same to me

Status
Not open for further replies.