New outside enclosures for baby Sully's!!

tortoisetime565

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
So my awesome brother surprised me with an out door area for my torts. The bigger Sully's have a 3/4 yard roaming and the RF have a 1/4 yard roaming area but the baby's u til now stayed in a kiddie pool with dirt grass and hides. They were content but I was not. So my brother built this.

It is 1.5' wide at the start then it is 3' wide. The hatchlings are like 4.56 inches or something like that. I can't remember the exact.

I plan on planting grass as well as other plants and I am going to have a potted hibiscus for flowering treats.

The total enclosure is approx 32'.

Since the baby's are so little I have halved the enclosure where it starts at 3' and my Russian Sheldon has been rehomed to inhabit that area until they grow. Today is the first morning in the cage. They are so curious.

On a side note, I ordered 6 lbs of mazuri yesterday... This is the first time I've ordered mazuri. Is it only for sulcatas?

Feedback is appreciated.

Also those saying they can't afford outdoor enclosures this Is a good and cheap way we are clocking in here at just over $40. And then I have remaining grass seed. But that is cheap at any nursery.

Attachments

• 1402759326650.jpg
    1402759326650.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 40

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Mazuri can be fed to all your torts.

I like the length of the enclosure. How tall is the wall?
It'll be nice once some plants grow in.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I believe the wall is 8"

My biggest sully is 9" and she can't get in... Yet...

The baby's can't get out either.

I have to go get some Monday. So until then I will pick grass and such for them. Also when Phillip (my hatchling redfoot) gets bigger I will make him a little spot.