New Outdoor Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego

Well let me start off by saying I have not posted in a while but tried reading a little. There are so many new members now!

We have had a busy summer with the kids home. Started our summer on the Big Island and took a couple of pictures of what I believe to be yellow foots. I have been going to the same resort for 16 years and never really had the chance to take photos of them but this time they were out and close up.
We also lost our "Prozac" dog of 14 yrs on July 3rd. We rescued her when she was 6 months and was a little crazy but we all loved her. Putting down a dog was the hardest decision we have ever had to make. My kids were surprisingly strong after all the tears we had. I think it helped that we still have two labs.
Now we are in the middle of building a new 35'x12' pen for my two 5" red foots Roxy and Dusty. We are not done but it's a great start. I still need to buy cinder blocks for one side, plant grass, seeds, plants and put in hides and watering areas. Next spring we will add a heated house and misters. I chose this spot because the grape vines give plenty of summer shade and lots of sun in the winter. I'm in inland San Diego so we have plenty of warm days during our "winter." It also has a water faucet with a soaker house I can use for now and a hose near by to mist it a few times a day. Now that the sides are up & needs to be secure the fun begins.
Thanks for reading and looking at my photos.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Is there something wrong on my post? I have a ton of views but no comments. Is there a setting I should be checking?

Tjbemis

5 Year Member
I think possibly bc you're not asking a question or for help. It looks as if you're just updating people.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TortForum mobile app

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
She's five inches SCL? She looks much larger than that!! Maybe its a really tiny tree she's next to, lol.

Happy enclosure building! Looks like you got it all figured out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Hi there! Great to hear from you!! :)
Your enclosure looks amazing! Sorry to hear about your dog!!! I know how hard that must of been on all of you. I love all the pics! Especially the pool ones!! They are so cute!!
Great hearing from you!!! :) :) Dont be a stranger anymore!! lol

RiverBreezy

5 Year Member
Florida
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put down my16.5 yo Golden mix a couple years ago. It was definitely the hardest thing I ever had to do. I cried my eyes out. But now I have a beautiful 1 yo Lab mix. I hope he can live as long!

Your tort enclosure looks great! Keep us updated as you make progress.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
welcome back, enclosure looking good, can't wait to see finished pics!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Welcome back!
So sorry to hear about your beloved dog.

Nice enclosure, I like the idea of setting it up around the grape vine.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks. I thought my 9 yr old messed with my privacy settings.
Right now I need to find a low grow grass to plant. I'm dreading buying 20 or so cinder blocks so it's slowing down my progress. I will try to update soon.
I guess I need to measure them again! I think they maybe be a tad bigger the 5". It's been about 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.