New Moroccan hatchling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

This little one hatched this morning... he was in abit of a hurry as another started at the same time yesterday morning and still hasn't got a head out yet I missed out on getting hatching pics with this one as it was already out this morning... weighs in at 12g

Get ready to go awwwwwwww!!!
tortoises754.jpg

With one of the month old hatchlings...
tortoises756.jpg

First drink...
tortoises755.jpg

and the awwww shots...
tortoises757.jpg

tortoises758.jpg

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Oh my gosh Kelly - that is just TOO TOO precious. Congrats on all of your new babies. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly Beautiful baby. I love the one of him standing in you hand, awwwww. :) Congratulations

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awwww Awwww and again Awww Kelly congratulations, the baby is beautiful. Amazing pics, thanks for sharing them with us :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Such a sweet and innocent face. You're a very lucky tortoise mommy.

Yvonne

Sunrise

5 Year Member
WOW...amazingg...
do u have picts of their parents? wonder how they look like

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
great pictures kelly,well done on the new hatchlings they are lovely.
terry

M

Maggie Cummings

Personally I like the first drink picture...Babies are so cute aren't they !

K412

5 Year Member
VA
Wow, possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
So these tiny, miniature tortoise hatchlings come out of the shell and basically behave like adult tortoises? Or do they have to have baby food? Warmer lights? Snugger enclosure?

I agree they are just precious, but they look so fragile. This is a depressing question, but what is the mortality rate for these little guys? Are they sturdier than they look?

And Congratulations!! I don't mean to be the downer on this thread, and certainly your new little one has to be the most endearing creature on earth!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
So these tiny, miniature tortoise hatchlings come out of the shell and basically behave like adult tortoises? Or do they have to have baby food? Warmer lights? Snugger enclosure?

I agree they are just precious, but they look so fragile. This is a depressing question, but what is the mortality rate for these little guys? Are they sturdier than they look?

I don't know about Kelly's babies, but I always used to send babies over to my sister for her to head start them. I try to not keep them any longer than I have to because I'm not good with babies. My sister, on the other hand, is VERY good with them! I would hear back from the folks who I adopted them out to (desert tortoises) that they died, so I quit adopting out hatchlings, sent them to my sister for a year, and adopted out the yearlings. They live much better for new tortoise people than hatchlings. And yes, they DO require special care. Quite a few of them can't bite off pieces, so you have to cut the food up very tiny for them. And they're so small that they dehydrate quickly and have to be soaked more often.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.