New mom!!

Dorrie Siu

Hi everyone!! My name is Siu and I'm a new mom (9 days) to Dorrie. She was an early birthday gift to me!! I learned a lot from browsing on here so I registered not only to thank everyone but to also continue learning so that in due time I will be able to help out other new parents. Thank you all so much for the info I needed to get started and to Josh for having this site.

Oh and of course...

Introducing: Dorrie D. Doorstop! <3

1654184_10203354153953713_1505781777_n.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Welcome Siu and Dorrie. That's a beautiful Hermanns tortoise you have there. Are you positive it's a female? It's look very nice with a fairly yellow head.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I like that you already know to post pictures in your first thread. Welcome to the forum, proper like.

Dorrie Siu

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! It's always nice to be greeted! Yes, I believe she is a female. Her tail is rather short - when she walks, she holds it down (sometimes putting it slightly to one side or the other) and under her tail is a *, not a | :D

Dorrie Siu

Here's a pic of her tail.

photo.php

I would post a pic of the underside of her tail but for some reason I feel that would be... umm... violating her privacy somehow. *shrugs*

With no spurs and that hard tail tip, I discovered she was not a Greek but rather an Eastern Hermanns. I was told by the sales gal that she was a Russian. And 7 months old. But in reality I think she's maybe 3 years old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Siu, and welcome to the Forum!

Dorrie Siu

Dorrie Siu said:
Here's a pic of her tail.

1924701_10203378246716017_860072729_n.jpg

I would post a pic of the underside of her tail but for some reason I feel that would be... umm... violating her privacy somehow. *shrugs*

With no spurs and that hard tail tip, I discovered she was not a Greek but rather an Eastern Hermanns. I was told by the sales gal that she was a Russian. And 7 months old. But in reality I think she's maybe 3 years old.
Thanks for the welcome!! *waves* :)

Looks like her pic didn't come up right. Could not edit my post after 30 seconds so I quoted it to try.