new member to my family

lito sagun

Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield California 93312
Hello everyone, i just had luck on my side recently. I saw an add in the paper for a 20yr old sully selling for a couple of hundred dollars. I talked to the owners about him and they deemed that I sounded like a person that would provide their sulcata with a good forever home. And would you believe it, they told me that if I could come over the same day they would give hime to me for free. I could not believe it. I told them that it would be inpossible for me to come the same day. So I told them if i could come the next morning? Well They agreed.
Upon seeing then Sully I was surprised to see that he was about 30inches long and about 120lbs. The owner told me on the phone that he was 20in long and about 60lbs. Well I guess any one can make a mistake.
But who cares, I was in love at first sight. So In slowly rubbed on his shell on the top of the right side of his head .
He kind of hissed a little bit, due to the fact that he does not know me at all. So I got him home and let him roam around my back yard. to make a long story short, he is beginning to trust me by taking food from my hand.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
congratulations. You will have fun with this guy. What is his name?

Bee62

Germany
Hello everyone, i just had luck on my side recently. I saw an add in the paper for a 20yr old sully selling for a couple of hundred dollars. I talked to the owners about him and they deemed that I sounded like a person that would provide their sulcata with a good forever home. And would you believe it, they told me that if I could come over the same day they would give hime to me for free. I could not believe it. I told them that it would be inpossible for me to come the same day. So I told them if i could come the next morning? Well They agreed.
Upon seeing then Sully I was surprised to see that he was about 30inches long and about 120lbs. The owner told me on the phone that he was 20in long and about 60lbs. Well I guess any one can make a mistake.
But who cares, I was in love at first sight. So In slowly rubbed on his shell on the top of the right side of his head .
He kind of hissed a little bit, due to the fact that he does not know me at all. So I got him home and let him roam around my back yard. to make a long story short, he is beginning to trust me by taking food from my hand.
Wow ! Congrats for your new family member ! That is a lovely story and it is good that you took him. Yes, please show us pictures !

Kasia

Poland
Where are the pics of this cutie? :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Bell peppers are a sweet food. Sulcatas cannot digest sugars properly - they cause digestive and kidney problems - so sweet foods like fruit, bell pepper, carrot and tomato should only be fed very sparingly and very occasionally if at all. They can be packed full of vitamins, but the sugars do the damage so avoid feeding them.

lito sagun

You are right, these particular foods are given sparingly and only as a treat maybe twice a month. I do give him a variety of different things such as mizzuri, zoo med tortoise pellets, and he does love timothy hay for some reason. He is not picky, so I do limit things that are bad as a daily food. Boy does he have an appetite.

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
Giving fruit to a non fruit eating species is kind of like giving milk to someone who is lactose intolerant. They cannot digest it, so i would assume that it would not be a comfortable experience.

lito sagun

I just got the stool sample report from my veterinarian and was given good news. Nothing to worry about such as unwanted parasites or anything else that would indicate a problem. Make me feel a whole lot better knowing he is in good health. Oh sorry not mentioning his name. His name is "Joey".