New member, New tortoise mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

cojlisa16

5 Year Member
Hi, I have a young desert tortoise that was turned into an animal rescue last year as the little guy/gal was crossing the road. I'm thinking the mortality rate on these babies must be really high! Anyway, "Freddie" was about four months old when we got him about a year ago. We've had him inside for the whole time, but I think he is at the point he needs more room to roam. He has grown quite a bit in one year's time! Plus, he keeps climbing on the top of his half log and flipping. I'm not sure if he's too little to go outside, but am starting to do some research and found this site. I want our little guy to be safe and happy and am looking forward to learning from others!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Well, you came to the right forum:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!!

I put my babies outside after they're about 8 to 10 months old. I bring them in at night until they're about 2 years.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Welcome! I love when new DT keepers join the forum. Mine are older (3 and 5) and live mainly outdoors. They come indoors on cool nights. There's great wisdom to be be gleaned from more experienced keepers than I on the forum, but, in general, yes, your DT will benefit from a slow and gentle introduction to the out of doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.