New Member Introduction

MattandhisTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hello. I'm Matt (24) from New England, and my new Hermann is Bowser. I thought I'd introduce myself being a new member and first time tortoise owner. I got him from a pet store on 9/19/2021 and though they weren't sure the age they assumed roughly 5 years. His length is about 11cm. He's already proved himself to be quite the acrobat! Swimming in his water dish, climbing, rolling on balls, and a surprisingly fast mover. Anyway I really like tortoiseforum a lot already and I always love learning new things about tortoises in general and Bowser as an individual. I'll try to add a picture.

Attachments

• BowserSwimming1.jpg
    BowserSwimming1.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 20

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hello. I'm Matt (24) from New England, and my new Hermann is Bowser. I thought I'd introduce myself being a new member and first time tortoise owner. I got him from a pet store on 9/19/2021 and though they weren't sure the age they assumed roughly 5 years. His length is about 11cm. He's already proved himself to be quite the acrobat! Swimming in his water dish, climbing, rolling on balls, and a surprisingly fast mover. Anyway I really like tortoiseforum a lot already and I always love learning new things about tortoises in general and Bowser as an individual. I'll try to add a picture.
Welcome to the forum!! I'm glad you found us. Cute guy. We luv photos!!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Hello and welcome! I too am in Connecticut with a male Russian, Pasha. This forum helped me take my tortoise husbandry from good enough to great. I hope you have the same experience.

Warning: You are about to fall down the rabbit (tortoise) hole...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
This is the best care sheet you'll find anywhere to help Bowser thrive.

It may contradict anything the pet store has told you but they rarely know about tort care and often sell unsafe and unsuitable equipment. If you want to post pics of his enclosure you'll get good feedback and advice on making it a safe and happy home for Bowser.

MattandhisTortoise

Connecticut
Hi and welcome,
This is the best care sheet you'll find anywhere to help Bowser thrive.

It may contradict anything the pet store has told you but they rarely know about tort care and often sell unsafe and unsuitable equipment. If you want to post pics of his enclosure you'll get good feedback and advice on making it a safe and happy home for Bowser.
Thanks so much! I’ll read up on it when I get the chance. I’ll also post more pics however the only thing I’m struggling with at this point in time is figuring out space for a bigger enclosure. When that rolls around things will be even better than the already nice environment I have for him. Otherwise Bowser is looking happy and healthy, in constant close good care. Care sheet is a very nice gesture so I’ll definitely start going over it thanks a bunch!!!