New member from Turkey

Leonardo the tort

Location (City and/or State)
Turkey
Hi everyone. My name is Mert from Turkey, i have a tortoise but i don't know what gender and what species so i signed up here to get experienced people idea's. That's all for now, have a good day...

IMG-20191127-WA0001.jpeg

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Welcome to the Forum! The tortoise is too young to figure out gender but as far as what species, I would say Greek ( but that is a very inexperienced guess)

Leonardo the tort

Turkey
Oh thank you for your interest, by the way as i seemed he/she is not drinking water just eating tomatoes, cucumbers etc. Should i worry about it and i didn't buy an uvb light yet, what you suggest?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please take pictures of the bottom of the tortoise (upside down) so we can tell you what species you have.

Also, that enclosure isn't nearly big enough for that size tortoise. You need something about 4 or 5 times bigger than that. More floor space so he can walk around more. Walking helps clear the digestive tract.

Please read this: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/s...o-roam-around-on-the-floor-of-my-room.162445/
and this: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/can-i-allow-my-tortoise-to-roam-the-floor-of-the-house.175735/

Leonardo the tort

Turkey
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Please take pictures of the bottom of the tortoise (upside down) so we can tell you what species you have.

Also, that enclosure isn't nearly big enough for that size tortoise. You need something about 4 or 5 times bigger than that. More floor space so he can walk around more. Walking helps clear the digestive tract.

Please read this: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/s...o-roam-around-on-the-floor-of-my-room.162445/
and this: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/can-i-allow-my-tortoise-to-roam-the-floor-of-the-house.175735/
He/she is sleeping now, i will send pics asap. But when its sunny and above 25°C he/she never staying in the light and dont walk too much he/she always sleepy. Even its summer.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
He/she is sleeping now, i will send pics asap. But when its sunny and above 25°C he/she never staying in the light and dont walk too much he/she always sleepy. Even its summer.
If a tortoise is not that active it s normally because of inadequate light and heat. Reptiles are very much stimulated by the quality of light and the heat as far as activity levels are concerned. They need bright daytime lights, as close as possible to a full spectrum. People are amazed at how much difference proper lighting makes in the overall well-being and activity levels of their reptiles. Your tortoise also need warm temperatures in the daytime to be active and healthy. They need to be able to maintain a core body temp of 85° For a good period of their active time. In a glass tank, next to a window, the corners your tortoise normally will push into are quite cool. Get an IR heat gun and check the various parts of your enclosure to ensure even the coolest parts are above 80° in the daytime.

Leonardo the tort

Turkey
If a tortoise is not that active it s normally because of inadequate light and heat. Reptiles are very much stimulated by the quality of light and the heat as far as activity levels are concerned. They need bright daytime lights, as close as possible to a full spectrum. People are amazed at how much difference proper lighting makes in the overall well-being and activity levels of their reptiles. Your tortoise also need warm temperatures in the daytime to be active and healthy. They need to be able to maintain a core body temp of 85° For a good period of their active time. In a glass tank, next to a window, the corners your tortoise normally will push into are quite cool. Get an IR heat gun and check the various parts of your enclosure to ensure even the coolest parts are above 80° in the daytime.
Okay thank you i heard uvb lights are good for that. I'll buy asap.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum! You will find all the info you need here. Sorry I can't tell you the species. I am not that experienced.