New member (but have read and researched on this site for several years)

Yo Adrien

Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater, FL
Hello All, I have finally signed up after reading on here for years. A little background; my daughter, now 21, had wanted a Russian tortie since she was 10yo! I finally got her a 2 yr old RT from a local breeder in Tampa, FL several years ago, and of course, had to do major research on enclosures, lights, diet (everything basically!! Lol) prior to bringing her home! Her RT, Aristortle, died suddenly without symptoms earlier this month, and we are heartbroken. I had no idea how entertaining and endearing a little tortie could be, she is missed by many. So I am in the process of building new, bigger, better enclosures for indoors and outdoors so I can get my daughter (she lives separately, already has indoor enclosure) and myself new little torties in the near future. Thanks for all the information and tips available on here! :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Sorry to hear the one you lost but This is really a great place to learn and share. Good to have you here ! ! :):):)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.:)
I am terribly sorry for your loss.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome.
Maybe a little further research into what may have killed your little Russian could prevent future issues?
An adult Russian is one tough tortoise.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello and welcome from Texas. I am very sorry for your loss and hope that all the preparation activities for new pets bring you both some solace.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!