New little hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So excited to have gotten another hinge, Meet Penny! This one is not shy! Comes right out and eats! Hopefully this behavior will rub off on Lola!

Information on the new little one. No idea if it is a boy/girl. I was told it is approximately 2 years old. It was kept in a dry, open tort table with Russians and a Redfoot. Supposedly, it "sorta hibernates" but it has been very active here! I went to check on it last night and it took me 15 minutes to find! He/she was on top of the large hide! It is 4 5/8" and 179g. Feels light to me, but it was pigging out on breakfast this morning so weight gain should be no issue!

If only Lola would eat like this!
015.jpg

011.jpg

005-1.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Such long, wiggly legs!
004-1.jpg

Penny is so small!
008.jpg

A shot of Lola
006-1.jpg

One day I will catch Lola's head out! I love the coloring on it, like a calico cat!
013.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Woww! He is a cute one...and working down the chow...fantastic! What is it you have in that meal he is chowing down on?:D

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I was enticing them to eat so its a mix of stuff, mushrooms and some mustard greens on the bottom. On top is some Mazuri and a bit of Gerber baby food squash. Oh and there's some kiwi in there

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Such a pretty little one with such tiny little leggs!!!

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I put the food in today and placed them by the dish like I always do. Little Penny immediately dug right in. I just went in to check on them and take away the uneaten food and this is what I saw

003-2.jpg

Lola with sweet potato all over her face!!!

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
That is so cool. I am so jealous I have been looking for a hingeback for awhile now. In Delaware there is not much places to even find tortoises for sale and the last two shows I've been to sold what hingebacks they had before I even saw them. Well one day I will get lucky.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Penny is very pretty. Yeah, Penny is eating!! You have already gotten over the biggest hump with a hingeback. :D I just hope you don't regret in the future, placing her/him directly in with Lola without a quarantine period. :(

mattk said:
That is so cool. I am so jealous I have been looking for a hingeback for awhile now. In Delaware there is not much places to even find tortoises for sale and the last two shows I've been to sold what hingebacks they had before I even saw them. Well one day I will get lucky.

Several locations have them for sale, if you are willing to risk buying online and having them shipped.

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Jacqui said:
Penny is very pretty. Yeah, Penny is eating!! You have already gotten over the biggest hump with a hingeback. :D I just hope you don't regret in the future, placing her/him directly in with Lola without a quarantine period. :(

mattk said:

Several locations have them for sale, if you are willing to risk buying online and having them shipped.

[/quotI am not to comfortable buying one on line unless its a cb baby. i will just keep looking around hopefully i will find one

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
mattk said:
I am not to comfortable buying one on line unless its a cb baby. i will just keep looking around hopefully i will find one

LOL, good luck with that :) You are going to be waiting a few more years at least.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Both the hinges will be going to the vet in febuary for a check. Penny seems to be in perfect health though. I was nervous about putting them together, but am so glad i did! Penny is such a chow hog that Lola is eating every day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.